I made these bread rolls awhile ago and that’s when I caught that bread-making bug.
Confession: I could never make bread.
I have made bread using this recipe from Jane Yee, you can find her recipe here. It’s such an easy recipe to follow and the process isn’t as daunting!
The point being is it’s gotten me out of my comfort zone. I have always baked brownies, cookies and cakes, but often shied away from trying bread.
Now you can find me in the kitchen making bread every week.
- 1 1/3cups warm water
- 4 heap teaspoons yeast
- 4 cups high grade flour
- 2 teaspoons of sugar
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 1 tablespoon of canola oil
You’ll need to do:
- In a large bowl whisk together the water and yeast.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and combine using a spoon.
- Turn out onto an oiled surface to knead and stretch the dough until smooth.
- Roll into a ball and put into the same bowl with some oil. Cover with plastic wrap and let rest for 25 minutes.
- Oil and flour a round cake tin.
- When ready knock out the air by punching the dough and divide it into equal sized balls.
- Roll the balls using your hands until smooth.
- Carefully put them into the cake tin. Remember to space each one out.
- Cover with plastic wrap and put in a warm place for 60-80 minutes. I actually let the oven warm up on 50°C then turned it off. I waited for a minute before letting the rolls prove in the oven.
- When ready I removed the rolls, preheated the oven to 180°C and then returned the rolls to bake for 22 minutes.